BRG EXPERTS ANALYZE AND FORECAST COAL- AND GAS-FIRED GENERATION FOR THE EASTERN INTERCONNECTION. READ MORE.
Berkeley Research Group experts provide thought leadership across a wide variety of media, including academic journals, major newspapers, industry publications, white papers, and client alerts.
The views expressed by experts in any publications or other media on this website are those of the authors and not intended to represent those of Berkeley Research Group or other experts at BRG.
- Huffington Post, December 2, 2013
BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi writes about hospitals, cost shifting, and manufacturer's suggested retail price.
- Project Syndicate, November 30, 2013
- Westlaw Journal Securities Litigation & Regulation 19:15, November 22, 2013
BRG Principal Emre Carr discusses re-proposed risk-retention rules for asset-backed securities markets.
- Valuation Strategies, November/December 2013
BRG Director Carl Sheeler writes about industry standards, education, and enforcement of valuation professionals.
- July - September 2013
The sixth edition of the GovCon Research Report summarizes the critical regulatory and compliance issues contractors faced in the third calendar quarter of 2013.
- BRG working paper, November 2013
- Corporate Compliance Insights, October 31, 2013
BRG Principal Katherine Johnson writes about the digital currency system Liberty Reserve and the potential effects of its money-laundering case.
- BRG newsletter, October 31, 2013
FIP's October 2013 edition of the Quarterly Review provides insight on industry events.
- Financier Worldwide, October-December 2013
- Workshop on Big Data and Smarter Cities, October 9, 2013
BRG Principal Timothy Savage coauthored a paper about the importance of yellow cabs in New York City’s transportation infrastructure.
- BRG white paper, October 9, 2013
BRG Director Gita Sorensen writes about the Regulating for Growth initiative in emerging economies.
- Law360, September 26, 2013
BRG Director Gita Sorensen writes about the European Commission's new electronic communications regulation package, infrastructure providers, and national regulatory authorities.
- CWC LNG & Gas Leaders’ Forum, September 13, 2013
BRG Director Christopher Goncalves writes about the impact of North American liquefied natural gas exports and potential challenges to industry participants.
- April - June 2013
The fifth edition of the GovCon Research Report summarizes the critical regulatory and compliance issues contractors faced in the second calendar quarter of 2013.
- Energy white paper, September 9, 2013
- The Corporate Counselor, September 2013
BRG Director H. David Kotz writes about rules and procedures, training, oversight, and other aspects of anti-money laundering management.
- American Statistical Association STATtr@k, September 1, 2013
BRG Senior Managing Consultant Dawn Eash writes about how to leave a good first impression when applying for a job.
- Law360, August 30, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin writes about treatment, removal, and containment in relation to Superfund and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Westlaw Journal 19:7, August 23, 2013
BRG Director Lisa Goldberg and coauthors Robert Anderson and Stephen W. Bianchi discuss how rising interest rates have the potential to degrade the performance of levered investment strategies.
- Financial Fraud Law Report, July/August 2013
BRG Director David Kotz discusses lifting of the ban on advertising by hedge funds, buyout firms, and start-up companies seeking capital.
- Wing of Zock, August 21, 2013
BRG Principal Rand Haley presents critical agility as a potential strategic focus of university and academic medical center research enterprises.
- Huffington Post, August 20, 2013
BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi writes about "safety culture" in hospitals and a patient's potential role as a safety net.
- Law360, August 15, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin discusses laboratory analyses, instruments used, and ways to to consider results.
- Intellectual Property Today, August 12, 2013
BRG Chairman David Teece writes about patent infringement and litigation and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Energy white paper, August 2013
- Law360, August 2, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin writes about the National Contingency Plan, Superfund, and CERCLA.
- Law360, July 26, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin describes the fundamentals of environmental modeling and when to use it.
- Financier Worldwide, July 19, 2013
- Law360, July 19, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin writes about the graphical presentation and effective data visualization of environmental data.
- Law360, July 18, 2013
BRG Director Richard Higgins writes about the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Federal Trade Commission v. Actavis Inc., welfare standards, and patent and antitrust law.
- Corp Magazine, July 18, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin discusses toxicity, exposure, and potential ratings systems for household chemicals.
- Huffington Post, July 16, 2013
BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi discusses the evolution of Catholic hospitals and modern healthcare needs and leadership culture.
- American Banker, July 11, 2013
BRG Director Ozgur Kan writes about hybrid instruments, Tier 1 capital, bank capital, and Basel III.
- Law360, July 8, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin writes about chemistry data interpretation and the application, advantages, and limitations of environmental forensics.
- Business Valuation Update, July 2013
Susan Mangiero, Ph.D., discusses the magnitude of the pension underfunding problem and the possible dire impact on enterprise value; reminds appraisers of the need to thoroughly understand and evaluate pension plan economics or engage someone to assist them; and explains the adverse consequences on deal-making and corporate strategy when pension plan funding gaps are given short shrift.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, July 3, 2013
- Thomson-Reuters, West Publishing, July 2013
BRG Director William Kerr coauthored this book, now in its eight edition.
- Law360, July 1, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin writes about Superfund response decision making and environmental risk-benefit analysis.
- Center for Risk Management Research, University of California, Berkeley, July 1, 2013
BRG Director Lisa Goldberg writes about levered strategies and the recent rise in interest rates.
- LNG Journal, June 2013
BRG Director Christopher Goncalves writes about changes in the LNG industry and the uncertainties, risks, and opportunities they may provide.
- Huffington Post, June 24, 2013
BRG Director Dr. Andrew Agwunobi writes about hospital management innovation, mission plans, and long-term value for patients.
- Law360, June 20, 2013
- Huffington Post, June 19, 2013
In a Huffington Post blog entry, BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi writes about healthcare and hospital reform and the need for data-based decision making.
- Westlaw Journal Securities Litigation & Regulation 19:3, June 11, 2013
Berkeley Research Group Director David Kotz discusses the SEC's whistle-blower program and potential responses to employee complaints.
- Directors & Boards, Second Quarter 2013
BRG Vice President and General Counsel Marvin Tenenbaum writes about what corporate directors need to know in their roles as expert witnesses.
- Law360, June 7, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin describes issues raised by environmental measurement and sampling and what their results may mean.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, June 4, 2013
BRG Principal David Martin writes about whistleblower laws and regulations and the potential impacts of whistleblower claims.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, May 29, 2013
BRG Senior Managing Consultant Karina Bjelland writes about social media and the use of information in accordance with Regulation Fair Disclosure. BRG Director Charles Lundelius also contributed.
- Westlaw Journal Securities Litigation & Regulation 19:2, May 29, 2013
BRG Director Peter Vinella writes about the challenges facing potential plaintiffs in prosecuting Libor cases.
- Huffington Post, May 29, 2013
BRG Chairman David Teece writes about a new model of "guided academic entrepreneurship" and the confluence of fundamental research and commercial development at universities.
- Electronic Health Reporter, May 16, 2013
BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi writes about upfront prices for procedures and services at hospitals.
- Law360, May 15, 2013
BRG Principal Douglas Small writes about cooperating witnesses and the U.S. government's use of human intelligence to uncover and investigate violations of law.
- Financier Worldwide, May 15, 2013
- Huffington Post, May 13, 2013
BRG Chairman David Teece writes about Apple and its dynamic capabilities in the post-Steve Jobs era.
- Oil & Gas Monitor, May 10, 2013
BRG Director Leonard Waverman writes about Canadian oil sands projects, shale oil, and price discounts due to pipeline constraints.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, May 7, 2013
BRG Principal Peter Katz writes about risks facing healthcare companies after passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and revisions to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- USAEE Dialogue 21(2), May 2013
- Law360, May 3, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin completes his historical background on the manufactured gas industry, pollution, and statutes and regulations governing disposal.
- Orthoworld, May 3, 2013
- January - March 2013
The fourth edition of the GovCon Research Report summarizes the critical regulatory and compliance issues contractors faced in the first calendar quarter of 2013.
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, April 29, 2013
BRG Principal Denise Pedulla writes about pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology organizations and developing and implementing international compliance programs in the global marketplace.
- Law360, April 25, 2013
BRG Director Neil Shifrin provides historical background on the manufactured gas industry, pollution, and statutes and regulations governing disposal.
- ABA Banking Journal, April 25, 2013
BRG Director William Hamm reviews Building Home: Howard F. Ahmanson and the Politics of the American Dream by Eric John Abrahamson.
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, April 19, 2013
- Electronic Health Reporter, April 16, 2013
BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi describes healthcare reform elements that may drive hospital systems to recreate themselves.
- Global Competition Review, April 8, 2013
BRG Director Jose Alberro discusses constitutional rights, privatization, and enforcement of recent Mexican Federal Competition Commission decisions.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, April 2, 2013
BRG Director Cher Fieri writes about health services organizations, corporate compliance programs, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, March 18, 2013
- Forbes, March 12, 2013
BRG Chairman David Teece and coauthor Bruce Guile discuss productivity and cost in higher education, and the effect of massive open online courses on emerging economies.
- BRG working paper, March 12, 2013
- Asian Economic Journal, March 2013
BRG Principal Joseph K. Tanimura and coauthor M. Gary Okamoto examine incidents in which Japanese businesses have been implicated in corporate scandals and compare results to those found in U.S. studies.
- Blog, March 7, 2013
BRG Government Contracting experts are proud to launch theGovCon Insight blog. GovCon Insight will provide contractors with a resource that contains timely insight and analysis of regulatory updates, audit trends, and current news.
- Network World, March 4, 2013
BRG Director Greg Nachtwey writes about the economics and service impact of the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 addresses.
- October - December 2012
The third edition of BRG's GovCon Research Report summarizes the critical regulatory and compliance issues contractors faced in the fourth calendar quarter of 2012.
- Healthcare white paper, February 2013
- Intermedia 41:1, February 2013
BRG Director Gita Sorensen writes about the market for service bundling in the electronic communications sector, regulation and competition, and the popularity of bundling with customers.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, February 8, 2013
BRG Director David Kotz discusses the Dodd-Frank Act's Volcker Rule, its possible approval early in 2013, and its impact on corporate compliance.
- Financier Worldwide, January-March, 2013
- Power Engineering, February 1, 2013
- Corporate Compliance Insights, January 25, 2013
BRG Principal David Martin discusses the balance of privacy between employees and employers regarding social media accounts and passwords, and how organizations must adapt to social media rules, outlets, and regulations.
- University Business, January 23, 2013
BRG Director and Higher Education practice leader Ramin Sedehi and coauthor Damian Saccocio describe online programs and massive open online courses (MOOCs) and the potential business models and revenue streams for institutions that use them.
- Comments relating to the European Commission’s Questionnaire for the Public Consultation on the Revision of the Recommendation on Relevant MarketsJanuary 8, 2013
- Industrial Relations 52(S1), January 2013
BRG Director David Lewin coauthored "Employee Representation in the Non-Union Firm: An Overview" in the January 2013 edition of Industrial Relations.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, December 12, 2012
BRG Director David Kotz reviews five compliance issues that companies face as they expand internationally.
- Medical Office Today, December 12, 2012
BRG Principal Joe Bohling writes about medical practices and issues pertaining to providing and administering workers' compensation coverage to employees.
- December 2012
BRG Director Dante Quaglione examines the current situation and new challenges for regulated industries.