- Publications & Alerts
- BRG Review
- BRG Global Construction
- BRG Global Development Insight
- BRG GovCon Insight
Jenny Young and William Hamm Discuss eco-ATM kiosks, crime rates, and socioeconomic and demographic attributes of metropolitan areas
Rand Haley writes about maintainIng and increasing return on investment in research organization collaborations
Cleve Tyler selected papers for An ABA Antitrust reading list and wrote the section “Vertical Restraints"
Berkeley Research Group experts provide thought leadership across a wide variety of media, including academic journals, major newspapers, industry publications, white papers, and client alerts.
The views expressed by experts in any publications or other media on this website are those of the authors and not intended to represent those of Berkeley Research Group or other experts at BRG.
- Project Syndicate, September 26, 2014
Laura Tyson writes about wages, middle-class income, and productivity growth in the United States.
- BRG Newsletter, September 2014
BRG's Global Investigations and Compliance Services practice has released its September 2014 Roundup.
- Oil & Gas Monitor, September 10, 2014
- Westlaw Journal Antitrust 22(6), October 2014
Christopher Pleatsikas writes about U.S. antitrust law, price fixing, and foreign cartels.
- Corporate Counselor 29(6), September 2014
David Kotz and Susan Mangeiro write about alleged violations of the FCPA, enforcement inquiries, and policies and procedures for compliance.
- Thomson West, August 2014
William Kerr reviews damage claims and theories in intellectual property litigation.
- Calculating Intellectual Property Damages, August 2014
- Has the Presence of Smartphone Recycling Kiosks in Major U.S. Cities Affected the Incidence of Robbery and Larceny?BRG white paper, August 2014
Jenny Young and William Hamm write about ecoATM kiosks, crime rates, and socioeconomic and demographic attributes of metropolitan areas.
- Westlaw Journal Derivatives 20(19), August 15, 2014
Director Stuart McCrary writes about hedge funds, information disclosure, stakeholders, and transparency.
- Westlaw Journal Derivatives 20(19), August 15, 2014
- Project Syndicate, August 15, 2014
Laura Tyson discusses funding for the Highway Trust Fund, the primary source of federal funding for America’s highway and transit infrastructure.
- Bloomberg BNA, August 8, 2014
Douglas Small coauthored a two-part article about internal investigations, the importance of data, and how corporations can identify whether an allegation of wrongdoing may exist.
- SpringerBriefs, August 6, 2014
Neil Shifrin reviews environmental topics including management, recycling, and waste generation and natural resource depletion.
- BRG newsletter, August 2014
BRG's Global Investigations and Compliance Services practice group has released its August 2014 Roundup.
- American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law Economics Committee, July 2014
Cleve Tyler selected papers for the reading list and wrote the material for the section “Vertical Restraints.”
- BRG white paper, August 2014
Principal Rand Haley writes about the energy, attention, and management required to maintain and increase return on investment in research organization collaborations.
- BRG, July 30, 2014
Simon Greaves provides a summary of recommendations regarding the Foreign Exchange Benchmark Group's Consultative Document.
- NACVA Quickread, July 16, 2014
Director Carl Sheeler writes about preparation of valuation reports and potential business risks that should be considered and reported.
- Project Syndicate, July 15, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about U.S. corporate tax, repatriation, and U.S.-based companies’ potential foreign earnings.
- BRG newsletter, July 2014
BRG's Global Investigations and Compliance Services practice group has released its July 2014 Roundup.
- Intellectual Asset Management, July/August 2014
- Westlaw Journal Derivatives 20(15), June 20, 2014
Director Charles Lundelius writes about the Dodd-Frank Act, cease-and-desist proceedings, and expert roles in SEC hearings.
- June 17, 2014
Director Aaron Vandervelde conducted a study evaluating contract pharmacy arrangements of 340B Covered Entities.
- Project Syndicate, June 13, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about private-sector innovation and its potential effects on public goods and services.
- BRG white paper, June 9, 2014
- BRG newsletter, June 9, 2014
The Financial Institutions Practice's June 2014 quarterly review provides insight on regulation and finance events.
- June 6, 2014
Director Aaron Vandervelde conducted a study evaluating Walgreens' participation in the 340B program.
- Huffington Post, June 6, 2014
Director Andrew Agwunobi writes about potential steps that a healthcare system can take to improve patient access.
- BRG newsletter, May 2014
BRG's Global Investigations and Compliance Services practice group has released its May 2014 Roundup.
- LNG Industry, May
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, May 21, 2014
Principal Denise Pedulla writes about healthcare professionals, regulatory compliance, and company policies and procedures.
- Project Syndicate, May 15, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson coauthors this piece about international goods, services, finance, and data and communications.
- Wall Street Journal, May 6, 2014
Director Carl Schramm writes about entrepreneurship courses and programs at colleges and universities.
- Corporate Compliance Insights, May 5, 2014
Principal Jerry Hansen writes about mitigating potential mergers and acquisitions disputes and risks.
- FC&S Legal, April 29, 2014
Director Neil Shifrin provides an overview, and summarizes available information on the impact and extent, of chemical leaks and spills.
- April 22, 2014
Director Aaron Vandervelde conducted a study measuring the impact of physician-based oncology practice acquisitions on purchases through the 340B program.
- BRG newsletter, April 2014
Berkeley Research Group's Global Investigations and Compliance Services practice group has released the April 2014 Roundup.
- April 14, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about government programs, evidence-based research, and investment into solutions to social challenges.
- Project Syndicate, April 9, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about emerging market economies, capital flows, and long-term investment.
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, March 19, 2014
Director Edward Buthusiem writes about potential obstacles to creating an effective compliance program and culture.
- NACVA Quickread, March 12, 2014
Director Carl Sheeler writes about asset holding entity valuation reports and equity level risks.
- BRG Review 4:1, March 10, 2014
- BRG Review 4:1, March 10, 2014
- Project Syndicate, March 7, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about artificial intelligence, computerization, and employment.
- The New York Times, March 7, 2014
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about minimum wage, income tax credits, and employment.
- BRG publication
Welcome to the 2013 BRG Annual, a compilation of our experts’ thought leadership from the past year across a range of disciplines and platforms.
- Financial Fraud Law Report, February 2014
Director David Kotz writes about potential compliance techniques and IT security in the wake of recent major data breaches.
- Orlando Sentinel, February 21, 2014
Director David Lewin discusses potential arguments for raising minimum wage for private-sector employees.
- LNG Hub, February 21, 2014
Director Christopher Goncalves writes about the Panama Canal expansion, North American LNG, and potential implications for gas prices.
- BRG newsletter, February 13, 2014
The Financial Institutions Practice's quarterly review provides insight on regulation and finance events.
- Natural Gas & Electricity 30:8, March 2014
- Blog, February 11, 2014
BRG’s Government Contracts Advisory Services experts are proud to launch the Global Development Insight blog
- European Commission, February 7, 2014
Director Daniel Ryan coauthored this final report, which relates to future actions on intellectual policy.
- American Banker, February 4, 2014
Director David Kotz writes about Mary Jo White and potential SEC enforcement strategy.
- October - December 2013
The seventh edition of the GovCon Research Report summarizes the critical regulatory and compliance issues contractors faced in the fourth calendar quarter of 2013.
- California Journal of Politics and Policy 6:1, January 30, 2014
- AHLA Fraud and Abuse Practice alert, January 30, 2014
Director Raymond Kolls writes about litigation over alleged False Claims Act violations and other alleged kickback schemes.
- Sacramento Bee, January 24, 2014
Director Tom Campbell writes about healthcare coverage, current legislation, and potential effects on hospital services
- Journal of International Business Studies 45(1), January 13, 2014
Chairman David Teece writes about the multinational enterprise (MNE), with a focus on "internalization" theory.
- Westlaw Journal Bank & Lender Liability 19(17), January 13, 2014
Director Ozgur Kan writes about stress tests, the capital planning process, and Dodd-Frank regulations.
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, January 8, 2014
Director Edward Buthusiem writes about compliance programs and basic principles for developing risk assessment and mitigation programs.
- Project Syndicate, December 31, 2013
Special Advisor Laura Tyson writes about potential economic growth and distributional equity in the United States.
- The Antitrust Source, December 2013
Kevin Christensen reviews the writings of Martin Gaynor, which cover areas including healthcare quality, the hospital industry, antitrust enforcement, and social welfare.
- Huffington Post, December 2, 2013
BRG Director Andrew Agwunobi writes about hospitals, cost shifting, and manufacturer's suggested retail price.
- Antitrust 28(1), Fall 2013
- Financial Fraud Law Report, November/December 2013
- Project Syndicate, November 30, 2013
- Edward Elgar Publishing, November 2013
This new collection brings together BRG Chairman David Teece's work on innovation and competition policy.
- Westlaw Journal Securities Litigation & Regulation 19:15, November 22, 2013
BRG Principal Emre Carr discusses re-proposed risk-retention rules for asset-backed securities markets.
- Valuation Strategies, November/December 2013
BRG Director Carl Sheeler writes about industry standards, education, and enforcement of valuation professionals.
- July - September 2013
The sixth edition of the GovCon Research Report summarizes the critical regulatory and compliance issues contractors faced in the third calendar quarter of 2013.
- BRG working paper, November 2013
- BRG newsletter, October 31, 2013
FIP's October 2013 edition of the Quarterly Review provides insight on industry events.
- Financier Worldwide, October-December 2013
- Financial Fraud Law Report, October 2013
Director David Kotz writes about regulation of online currencies and the potential for illegal activity.
- Workshop on Big Data and Smarter Cities, October 9, 2013
BRG Principal Timothy Savage coauthored a paper about the importance of yellow cabs in New York City’s transportation infrastructure.